Intellectual Property Guarantee Scheme (IPGS)
To assist companies with Intellectual Property (IP) to gain access to financing from participating FIs and further inculcate innovation and productivity
Determined by participating FIs
Participating FIs: All Commercial Banks, Islamic Banks and Development FIs under purview of BNM
For a period of thirteen (13 ) years or until 31 December 2030, whichever is earlier
Financing amount (max)
From RM100,000 to RM 5 million
80% guarantee by the Government of Malaysia on the financing obtained
0.75% per annum payable upfront (GST applicable)
Type of facility
Term loan/Term Financing, Overdraft
Purpose of Financing
- The company is with registered and valued IP with MyIPO incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 and/or Companies Act 2016;
- The company must be at least 51% owned by a Malaysian;
- Shareholders’ fund is below RM 20.0 million
- Application open from 1st January 2018 and upon full utilisation of the scheme limit of up to RM 1.5 billion only or upon expiry of the guarantee tenure on 31 December 2030, whichever is earlier
- Ensure that their business qualifies for the financing facility by consulting their bankers or any participating FIs in this WCGS-SU Scheme.
- Apply for the financing facility at the participating FIs.
- Provide the necessary documents required by the participating FIs.
- After the financing facility is approved by participating FIs, a copy of full financing paper will be submitted to SJPP for the guarantee cover.
For further information
Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan Berhad (851317-W)
Tingkat 12, Bangunan Setia 1, 15 Lorong Dungun, Bukit Damansara 50490 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Email: esjpp[email protected]
Tel: +603 2096 5000
Fax: +603 2096 8981