Working Capital Guarantee Scheme Start-Up (WCGS-SU)
To assist start up SME start up companies in all sectors to gain access to financing from participating Financial Institutions (FIs)
Determined by participating FIs
Participating FIs: All Commercial Banks, Islamic Banks and Development FIs under purview of BNM
For a period of thirteen (13) years or until 31 December 2030, whichever is earlier
Financing amount (max)
From 50,000 to RM500,000
70% guarantee by the Government of Malaysia on the financing obtained
0.75% per annum payable upfront (GST applicable)
Type of facility
Term loan, Overdraft, Trade facility
Purpose of Financing
- Must fall within the definition of SME companies
- Start-up Malaysia owned and controlled private limited companies registered under the Companies Act 1965 and/or Compaines Act 2016, Sole Proprietorship or Partnership
- Applicable for viable business – minimum of six months and maximum of two (2) years in operation
- Mandatory for site visit to be conducted by participating FIs before approval of facilities
- Application open from 1 June 2017 and upon full utilisation of the scheme limit of up to RM 200 million only or upon expiry of the guarantee tenure on 31 December 2030, whichever is earlier
- Ensure that their business qualifies for the financing facility by consulting their bankers or any participating FIs in this WCGS-SU Scheme.
- Apply for the financing facility at the participating FIs.
- Provide the necessary documents required by the participating FIs.
- After the financing facility is approved by participating FIs, a copy of full financing paper will be submitted to SJPP for the guarantee cover.
For further information
Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan Berhad (851317-W)
Tingkat 12, Bangunan Setia 1, 15 Lorong Dungun, Bukit Damansara 50490 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +603 2096 5000
Fax: +603 2096 8981